Just the other day I took a hard look in our freezer and found that we had LOADS of frozen blueberries. I’m not kidding; if I cleaned everything in our freezer except for the blueberries and stood inside the freezer, the bags of blueberries would be up to my hips. Being the Mainer that I am, I just hate to waste food. So I decided to find a good recipe for anything blueberry related.
I found a good recipe for blueberry cobbler, and it was perfect. If you’re interested, here it is:
4 cups of blueberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
For the batter:
6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cups milk
cinnamon (sprinkle as much or as little as you like)
- Preheat your over to 350.
- Slice butter into pieces and add to a 9×13″ baking dish.
- Place the dish in t he oven while it preheats to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- Add the blueberries, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl, then stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the batter; flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Next, stir in the milk until just combined.
- Pour the blueberries over the melted butter in the pan.
- Drizzle the batter over the top, and then sprinkle some cinnamon over all.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
It is really good; hope you try it out.