As I spent most of yesterday doing chores; vacuuming, dusting, polishing, dishes and laundry, I had a lot of time to think. It was truly a dark and stormy day with some pretty aggressive winds. It wasn’t until nearly 4pm that the sun finally came out. It was still pretty windy, but it ended the day on a bright note; sort of an atmospheric bon bon.
Which made me think of all the little “bon bons” that come into our lives. These are unexpected gifts that make us believe that there is true magic everywhere. It’s sort of like getting a present when it’s nowhere near your birthday.
Here are some that come to mind:
- a friend sends a picture of her 7-month-old twin nieces in cat and mouse Halloween outfits; absolutely adorable
- a gorgeous sunset after a storm
- finding a small bag of mini Butterfingers in the cupboard
- a song you just love comes into your head and you hum along with it
- you finish a wonderful book and you feel happy all day
- you get a card in the mail that makes you laugh
- one of your pets falls asleep on your lap
- you find a ring that you were sure was lost
- a morning where there is no wind, and the sunshine is like golden syrup over everthing
And there are so many more. Watch for them; they are there, those delightful bon bons.