Getting older is not a bad thing at all. In fact, it turns out that, as we age, we are more likely to laugh more, love more, enjoy ourselves more, and best all; appreciate who we are as we are.
Just recently I was watching a program with lots of wonderful people in their 70s, 80s and 90s. They talked about how they feel so much more comfortable in their own skins. The women especially rejoiced their wrinkles and silver hair; they said that they feel that they are finally accepting themselves. One woman in her mid-80s was actually a model.
Both men and women say that they laugh more and feel almost like children in that they feel so much joy in little daily things. They also say that they take themselves much less seriously than they used to. They don’t let things upset them as much as they used to, and they find happiness in things that they might have ignored years ago.
I copied the following from the Huff Post. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did:
“1. Two words. Senior discounts.
2. Not worrying as much about things will “turn out.”
3. More mature relationships (hopefully).
4. You’ve carved out a career.
5. Looks aren’t everything.
6. There’s nothing wrong with a 9:30 PM bedtime.
7. You stop caring what others think.
8. Fewer major life decisions to make.
10. It’s ok to be an old soul.
11. Dressing for comfort, first and foremost.
12. More stable friendships.
13. Retirement. Enough said.
14. To stop having to keep up with technology.
15. It’s perfectly acceptable to sit at concerts.
16. Moving less frequently.
17. Buh-bye PMS.