Oh, where would I be without lists? I love all forms of writing, and list-making is one of my favorites. I know I’ve written about lists before, but frankly, they are an important part of my life. Lists make a foundation to the day; I know what I want to accomplish, and even doing 3-5 things on it make me feel I’ve justified my existence–for that day, anyway.
For example, here’s my list for today:
- empty the dishwasher
- do laundry, and, in a separate load, wash the *winter comforter
- clean the bathroom
- remind the Crankee Yankee that he promised to vacuum yesterday
- dust and polish the furniture (once the Crankee Yankee has vacuumed, that is)
- finish hemming the **quilt I made for Ava, my granddaughter
- try to fix the zipper on one of my jackets
It may sound funny, but ever since I stopped working, I find I need this daily structure. Lists are how I conquer the dragons in my world; I can go to bed at night and feel I’ve made a good dent in the day.
Simple, I know, but it works for me.
*This thing has been living in a loosely-tied trash bag in our attic and Heaven only knows what it may be harboring! If so, I wish them an quick death in the clothes washer.
**This was supposed to be a Christmas gift LAST Christmas!