Just for today:
- Let us try to be kind to one another
- Let us forgive ourselves for not being perfect
- Let us let the small stuff slide
- Let us remember that those whom we love are just as fallible as we are
- Let us show love and accept love
- Let us keep an attitude of gratitude in our hearts and minds
- Let us realize that though we may be imperfect, we are worthy of love
- Let us imagine the best about others
- Let us believe and understand that we are never alone, no matter how alone we may feel
- Let us give ourselves a break from time to time
- Let us forgive and truly forget
Finally, I keep the following message by Don Miguel Ruiz, author of “The Four Agreements,” right at eye level at my desk:
- Be impeccable with your word.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Always do your best.
We can do this, folks–we really can.